Stan Honey, Director
Education: Yale, BS Engineering & Applied Science; Stanford, Master of Science Electrical Engineering
In 1998, Stanley K. Honey co-founded Sportvision Inc., the leading developer of live-tracking enhancements for sports TV broadcasts. Among his professional accomplishments, Stan led the development of the yellow first down line on televised football, the NASCAR racecar tracking and highlighting system, and the baseball K-Zone system which highlights the pitch location and strike zone in televised baseball. Stan holds eight patents in navigational system design, 21 patents for TV special effects, is a member of the board of directors of KVH (a manufacturer of satellite communications and navigation sensors), and currently works for the America's Cup Event Authority on TV technology for the America's Cup.
A few of Stan's many sailing records and accomplishments include:
- Navigated Groupama 3 to the Jules Verne Circumnavigation record of 48 days 8 hours.
- 1st place, Volvo Ocean Race 2005-2006, ABNAMRO ONE (navigator)
- Numerous TransAtlantic, TransPacific, and 24 hour records as navigator.
- Navigated 22 Transpacific races, won 11 as navigator, set the course record 3 times.
- As navigator, has won class in Sardinia Maxi Worlds, Admiral's Cup, several SORC's, Bermuda Race, Antigua Race Week, CORK Race Week,
- Miami to Montego Bay Race, St. Maartin Regatta, Chicago Mackinac and various Mexico races.
Stan lives with his wife Sally Lindsay Honey, a two-time US Yachtswoman of the Year with whom Stan has competed in three 505 world championships. Sally and Stan currently own and race a vintage Cal 40, Illusion.